Saturday 11 August 2012

Paint Activity

Finally!
The milestone has been reached where the shell went off to the paint shop.
Liberating feeling actually. I just hope the final price wont cause me too much grief!

As I had bugger all time to get the shell off the rotisserie, panels hung back on, old diff & front wheels put back in, hire a tandem trailer, drive it over, explain all the mod's, etc, etc (all in one morning) - I just didn't have time to take any pictures of the shift.

But here is a photo of the under-carriage after I hit it with a coat POR-15 chassis black (satin black finish). This was layed down over cured ply-eurethane seam sealer and standard POR-15 (in gloss black) paint in all the right places. And yes, I prepped the gloss-black finish as instructed before laying on the chassis black.













The painter now only need to work on the upper (outer) surfaces of the panels.

No comments: